Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Flip Flop 'Til Ya Drop!

It's coming. I can feel it. We may suffer through a few set-backs in temperature, but I know it's on its way. What is it? SPRING! Spring is almost here! I can feel it in my toes. In fact, the other day when it was 79 degrees, I did just that - felt it in my toes. Well, sort of. A lot of people who know me also know that I have two favorite footwear categories - boots of all shapes, styles and sizes for winter and flip flops of all colors and patterns for any month where the temperature is above 60 degrees! I believe my love for the rubber shoes began when I was a child, living the majority of my summer days at the pool. Naturally, the shoes for pool-side were flip flops. I wore them all summer; in fact, I dreaded the annual "back to school shoe buying trip" because it meant I was going to have to squeeze my free-spirited, don't fence me in, born free toes into a stiff leather foot prison. Oh, don't get me wrong, I appreciated the new shoes and my mom always said that my feet would get used to wearing them again, but I really don't think that they ever did.

So, with the annual arrival of Spring Fever, I repeatedly checked the weather reports for a day worthy of this momentous occurrence - The First Official Wearing Of The Flip Flops Day! You know? Hallmark should make a card for this. And, just like those shoe buying trips so long ago, there is usually the purchase of a new addition to my collection to add to the pomp and circumstance. This year's acquisition is rather special, not your typical flip flop: 
I fell in love with the pink and black zebra stripes!

I must admit that I was a little disappointed with the selection at first.  There were some really sweet ones with glitter on the uppers, or stars or studs, but they were all for little people feet and since my grand baby Abigail isn't old enough to wear them, I had to sadly pass them by. Then, I spotted the pair pictured above and went, "oooOOOooo! These are the ones!" I thoroughly enjoyed wearing them last weekend for that one, fleeting day and I know that Mother Nature can't remain stingy with the arrival of spring much longer. There will soon be days to wear them all! My garden of flip flops will burst into color upon my happy feet and I shall do a little dance as I kick my shoes to the back of the closet, joyously embracing the wind between my toes and the ecstasy of the feet once more! Happy Spring to all!
Flip Flop Flower

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...